graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music » Amazon UK refuses to sell some CD's to non-UK customers
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Phil Cohen Post subject: Amazon UK refuses to sell some CD's to non-UK customers
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

Amazon.co.uk has imposed an odd sales restriction on some compact discs, refusing to sell them to customers outside the UK. Amongst the titles affected are "The Hollies-The Clarke, Hicks & Nash Years". Also affected by this unexplained restriction: some CD's by Roy Wood(both solo & with Wizzard) and most CD's by "Queen".

In the meantime, Amazon.co.uk's 3rd party "Marketplace" sellers will still cheerfully sell these CD's to non-UK customers, as will Amazon's U.S.A. & Canada websites and their 3rd party sellers.

My view is that if Amazon.co.uk won't sell the British CD's that I want, I will quite easily find someone else that will sell them to me.

Does anyone know the reasons behind Amazon.co.uk's odd new policy?
PostPosted:Tue Feb 28, 2012 23:04 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
HicksyChick Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

I am in the US and have noticed an increase in things like this. Most notably, I cannot download some mp3s off of Amazon because of UK copyrights. It is silly because I am legally trying to buy the product. This is true for a lot of the Hollies downloads. Also, youtube has been blocking more stuff in the US saying I can only see it if I am in the UK, which seems totally ridiculous.

This is the first I have heard about actual hard media issues though.
PostPosted:Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:48 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Phil Cohen Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

HicksyChick wrote:
I am in the US and have noticed an increase in things like this. Most notably, I cannot download some mp3s off of Amazon because of UK copyrights. It is silly because I am legally trying to buy the product. This is true for a lot of the Hollies downloads. Also, youtube has been blocking more stuff in the US saying I can only see it if I am in the UK, which seems totally ridiculous.

This is the first I have heard about actual hard media issues though.

On the page where you view the product it will say "We are unable to ship this product to your default shipping address"
PostPosted:Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:22 am
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1