graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Searchin' » Carousel newsletter
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Hounslowgirl Post subject: Carousel newsletter

I've just joined this site, been a Hollies fan since 1967. Used to belong to the original fan club (kept all the newsletters, of course!) and would like some kind soul to tell me how to subscribe to Carousel newsletter, please. Thanks!
PostPosted:Mon Aug 01, 2011 14:07 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Carrie Anne Post subject: Re: Carousel newsletter
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Hounslowgirl wrote:
I've just joined this site, been a Hollies fan since 1967. Used to belong to the original fan club (kept all the newsletters, of course!) and would like some kind soul to tell me how to subscribe to Carousel newsletter, please. Thanks!

Hi Hounslowgirl,

Click on the link below and it will take you to the contacts page. Tab down and you will find the address of The Carousel Newsletter and their Email.

http://www.hollies.co.uk/contact.html
PostPosted:Mon Aug 01, 2011 14:34 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dawn D Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Does anyone know if Chris and Sheila are sending out an issue of Carousel magazine soon?
PostPosted:Mon Dec 12, 2011 18:57 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dawn D Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I received my Hollies' Christmas card yesterday, Thank you! Very Happy. Also a short note from Chris and Sheila about the Carousel Newsletter.
PostPosted:Sun Dec 18, 2011 19:12 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Let's roll up our sleeves and write our own Hollies memory contribution to the anniversary issue.
Thanks for the nice card!
Happy Christmas to the Carousel team!

Would you believe the Hollies had power to stay by evolution of their style from Buddy Holly ? That's for certain because they follow what goes around, write on and go out on the road. They did it then, they do it now - please do it always.
PostPosted:Mon Dec 19, 2011 18:25 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Gee Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I've been told by a number of 'Carousel' subscribers that the editors apparently did not have enough material for more than one fanzine issue in 2011

- which in the year of 'Clarke, Hicks, Nash Years' six CD set, (which got good reviews in several Music magazines, notably 'Record Collector' etc)

plus the 'Reelin' in The Years' DVD (promoted by Allan Clarke & Graham Nash in person in the USA) , their First very well received Hollies concert shows in Ireland (North & Republic) with press reviews , a full UK Tour & overseas shows...and Allan Clarke joinging Crosby & Nash onstage for 'Bus Stop' at the Royal Albert Hall....also a 'Hollies in Performance' DVD (comprising Croatia 1968 & Golders Green 1969 concert footage) ...The Hollies 3 October 1965 performance of 'Look Through Any Window' being included on the 'Sunday Night at The London Palladium' Volume Two DVD release, the mega rare Lost 1966 'Top of The Pops' performance of 'Bus Stop' (Allan Clarke featured on acoustic guitar) being re-discovered & posted on youtube...

.... and a forthcoming 'Very Best of The Hollies' 2CD compilation due out on 9 January 2012 ...

...seems somewhat surprising (??) Shocked Shocked
PostPosted:Sat Dec 31, 2011 14:26 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

I have just sent over several scans of Clarke Hicks Nash box set reviews, LTAW DVD reviews etc. Don't forget to send in your HOLLIES memory tribute for the 50th anniversary year issues.

Would you believe the Hollies had power to stay by evolution of their style from Buddy Holly ? That's for certain because they follow what goes around, write on and go out on the road. They did it then, they do it now - please do it always.
PostPosted:Sat Dec 31, 2011 15:47 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Dawn D Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Gee wrote:
I've been told by a number of 'Carousel' subscribers that the editors apparently did not have enough material for more than one fanzine issue in 2011

- which in the year of 'Clarke, Hicks, Nash Years' six CD set, (which got good reviews in several Music magazines, notably 'Record Collector' etc)

plus the 'Reelin' in The Years' DVD (promoted by Allan Clarke & Graham Nash in person in the USA) , their First very well received Hollies concert shows in Ireland (North & Republic) with press reviews , a full UK Tour & overseas shows...and Allan Clarke joinging Crosby & Nash onstage for 'Bus Stop' at the Royal Albert Hall....also a 'Hollies in Performance' DVD (comprising Croatia 1968 & Golders Green 1969 concert footage) ...The Hollies 3 October 1965 performance of 'Look Through Any Window' being included on the 'Sunday Night at The London Palladium' Volume Two DVD release, the mega rare Lost 1966 'Top of The Pops' performance of 'Bus Stop' (Allan Clarke featured on acoustic guitar) being re-discovered & posted on youtube...

.... and a forthcoming 'Very Best of The Hollies' 2CD compilation due out on 9 January 2012 ...

...seems somewhat surprising (??) Shocked Shocked

Yes Gee, I also thought it strange, and not forgetting the announcement of the 50th Anniversary tour for 2012, as we've been able to book tickets for that since June. However, as I haven't contributed anything to the magazine, I can't complain. I shall have to get my thinking cap on and send something to them.
PostPosted:Sat Dec 31, 2011 18:37 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Gee Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Dawn, if it had been a 'Quiet year' on The Hollies front I'd quite understand the lack of any issues...

BUT as I pointed out in 2011 loads of important 'Hollies things' have occurred:

The six CD set EMI released which got very favorable general reviews - released in May AFTER the one issue of 'Carousel' for 2011 came out !

Then later in the year the eagerly awaited first ever 'official' Hollies DVD career Retrospective issued in the USA & Europe that concentrated on their Live performances as far as possible featuring new interviews with Tony, Bobby, Allan, and Graham came out - promoted in the USA by Graham Nash & Allan Clarke in person - which again drew rave reviews in the Music press.

UK tour & Irish shows, plus other overseas concerts, by The current Hollies band went very well, Plus the surprise 'special guest' presence of Allan Clarke at the Crosby & Nash Royal Albert Hall concert joining them to sing a Hollies hit !

Then this rediscovery of the long lost 1966 TOTP rare BBC footage of 'Bus Stop' (& The London Palladium footage from 1965) plus that vintage sixties concerts DVD.

next a 2CD compilation in the pipeline for January 2012

all in all a pretty major 'Hollie year' nicely building things up to the 50th anniversary year !! Cool Cool

I would add that at least two 'Carousel' team members NEVER got any note from the editors in with their Hollies Xmas cards - or have heard anything from the editors in over a year , and were not even sure if the newsletter was still going...! Shocked

Hardly very promising is it....?
PostPosted:Sat Dec 31, 2011 18:55 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Shelley Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Gee wrote:
I would add that at least two 'Carousel' team members NEVER got any note from the editors in with their Hollies Xmas cards - or have heard anything from the editors in over a year , and were not even sure if the newsletter was still going...! Shocked

Hardly very promising is it....?

Funny you should say that (well not that funny), I'm still waiting for a reply on joining - from a few years back! Is it worth my bother?
PostPosted:Sun Jan 08, 2012 18:18 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Shelley Post subject: Hollies Memories.
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Knut wrote:
I have just sent over several scans of Clarke Hicks Nash box set reviews, LTAW DVD reviews etc. Don't forget to send in your HOLLIES memory tribute for the 50th anniversary year issues.

I haven't been here for quite a while, what's this about sending in your Hollies memories?
PostPosted:Sun Jan 08, 2012 18:19 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Dawn D Post subject: Re: Carousel newsletter
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Carrie Anne wrote:
Hounslowgirl wrote:

Hi Hounslowgirl,

Click on the link below and it will take you to the contacts page. Tab down and you will find the address of The Carousel Newsletter and their Email.

http://www.hollies.co.uk/contact.html

Hi Shelley, the link for contact info for the Carousel Newsletter is above, if you want to try again. However, not many issues of the magazine have been sent out during the last couple of years, so whether you think it is worth joining? As this is the 50th anniversary year, they have asked for contributions from the fans with their memories of the band to be able to do a special edition of the magazine.
PostPosted:Sun Jan 08, 2012 18:56 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Searchin'
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1