graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Write On » Finnish Concert from 1969 rebroadcast
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject: Finnish Concert from 1969 rebroadcast
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Following hot on the heels of the BBC In Concert from '69, a Finnish performance has apparently been rebroadcast featuring:

Stop Stop Stop
Wheels On Fire
Quit Your Low Down Ways
I'll Be Your Baby Tonight
When The Ship Comes In
He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother
Sorry Suzanne
Blowing In The Wind

See http://www.yle.fi/teema/tv-arkisto/id14308.html

This concert must have been recorded a bit later in '69 to feature 'Heavy' and sounds like a very interesting performance. Anyone seen it/know about it/have it?

PostPosted:Tue Sep 04, 2007 20:13 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
SpartyScott Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

The Hollies, Spencer Davis Group

Tiistaina 7.8. klo 21.55, uusinta pe 16.20 ja uusinta la 23.40

Englantilainen pop-yhtye The Hollies esiintyy Helsingin kulttuuritalolla. The Hollies esittää kappaleet Stop stop stop, Wheels on fire, Quit your low down ways, I'll be your baby tonight, Ship, He ain't heavy he's my brother, Sorry Susanne ja Blowing in the wind. Ohjelma on vuodelta 1969. Ohjaaja Uolevi Taskinen.

Valmiina pyörii ohjelmassa seurataan, kun englantilainen The Spencer Davis Group esiintyy Pasilan studiolla vuonna 1967. Juontajat Pekka Nuru ja Tapani Karhu.Tuottaja Erkki Pohjanheimo.

klo 21.55 The Hollies
klo 22.20 Valmiina pyörii

Ok, aside from the Hollies song titles, what does this post say (in English, please)?
PostPosted:Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:14 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

*bump*

I'm pretty certain I've seen an inhabitant of Finland on the forum at some point...

PostPosted:Tue Sep 11, 2007 16:13 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Agneta Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Hi!

I tried to learn Finnish once, but I never got very far. It’s so totally different from Swedish, and other European languages, except perhaps Hungarian.
I’ve still got my Finnish/Swedish dictionary though, but when I started to translate, I remembered one of my colleagues come from Finland, and she kindly gave me some assistance. So here goes; not very exciting I’m afraid:

Tuesday 7.8 at 21.55 repeat Friday 16.20 and repeat Saturday 23.40

The English pop-group The Hollies perform at the Cultural center in Helsinki. The Hollies will perform the songs Stop Stop Stop, and so on.
The programme is from the year 1969. Director is Uolevi Taskinen.

In the programme “Valmiina pyorii” (Ready to spin?) we follow the English group The Spencer Davies Group during their appearance in the Pasila studio in the year 1967. Host of the show is Pekka Nuru and Tapani Karhu(bear!).
Producer is Erkki Pohjanheimo.

Something like that.

PostPosted:Wed Sep 12, 2007 20:45 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Thanks for that, Agneta. A shame no-one seems to have recorded it Crying or Very sad

PostPosted:Wed Sep 12, 2007 21:19 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
peterpoos Post subject:

I have just downloaded and watched this TV show that was recorded in Finland in 1969.It was recorded just before the release of He Ain't Heavy.The most strange and weird fact was the total silence between each song.There was no cheering,no applause etc. Really enjoyed the show though.
PostPosted:Tue Jun 28, 2011 21:46 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

OK, this stuff is on youtube, posted by "carrieanne1967"

The first video from the show that I saw (and I haven't yet looked at the others) is "When The Ship Comes In" which uploaded on May 16, 2010.

On this song, the band is on a stage is fairly deep shadows during the performance, and unfortunately the band is lip-synching to the original studio recording.

So as far as I'm concerned, this is a curiosity, rather than must-have, as I have never enjoyed watching a band forced to lip-synch for television.
PostPosted:Wed Jun 29, 2011 16:42 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Carrie Anne Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Well I suppose you can't please everyone all of the time Wink
PostPosted:Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:11 am

Last edited by Carrie Anne on Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:27 am; edited 2 times in total
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Carrie Anne Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

SpartyScott wrote:

The first video from the show that I saw (and I haven't yet looked at the others) is "When The Ship Comes In" which uploaded on May 16, 2010.

On this song, the band is on a stage is fairly deep shadows during the performance, and unfortunately the band is lip-synching to the original studio recording.

So as far as I'm concerned, this is a curiosity, rather than must-have, as I have never enjoyed watching a band forced to lip-synch for television.

The person you mention has only uploaded three of the songs from this concert. The full footage is available on youtube and even though you are not particulary bothered about it there are numerous fans who are !!!!!!!
PostPosted:Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:13 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Sorry if I sounded ungracious. But when I hear about a "concert" taping, I think it's natural to expect an actually performance rather than lip-synching. We're talking about the Hollies, not Britney Spears, after all.

If others like it, that's great. I was simply expressing a personal opinion.
PostPosted:Sun Jul 03, 2011 16:08 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
katdowl Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Carrie Anne wrote:
SpartyScott wrote:

The person you mention has only uploaded three of the songs from this concert. The full footage is available on youtube and even though you are not particulary bothered about it there are numerous fans who are !!!!!!!

Any footage of the Hollies I have not seen before is fine by me lipsynched or not.
PostPosted:Sun Jul 03, 2011 22:09 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Write On
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1