graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music » Two US albums reissued on CD
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
wishyouawish Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

Amazon informs me this BGO one has been delayed.

The Hollies "HERE I GO AGAIN, HEAR HERE!"
Estimated arrival date: June 02 2011 - June 07 2011
PostPosted:Sun May 08, 2011 23:23 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Phil Cohen Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

wishyouawish wrote:
Phil Cohen wrote:

....however, the CD uses the 1993 mix of "It's You"(vocals in centre/instruments on the left). The original 1960's stereo mix of "It's You" has the vocals on the right/instruments on the left.

Phil, where does the 1993 mix of "It's You" that you describe first appear.

The 1993 remix of "It's You" debuted on the U.S.A. 3-CD set "30th Anniversary Collection". The original 1966 mix is on the UK mono/stereo "two-fer" CD of "For Certain Because", released in 1999.
PostPosted:Mon May 09, 2011 2:20 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Banjo

Banjo

Phil Cohen wrote:
wishyouawish wrote:
Phil Cohen wrote:

....however, the CD uses the 1993 mix of "It's You"(vocals in centre/instruments on the left). The original 1960's stereo mix of "It's You" has the vocals on the right/instruments on the left.

The 1993 remix of "It's You" debuted on the U.S.A. 3-CD set "30th Anniversary Collection". The original 1966 mix is on the UK mono/stereo "two-fer" CD of "For Certain Because", released in 1999.

Thanks for that info. I looked at that CD before the post and couldn't see It's You on it. I have looked again and still can't see it. What disc and track # please. Maybe your issue is different to mine.
PostPosted:Mon May 09, 2011 6:42 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Phil Cohen Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

wishyouawish wrote:
Phil Cohen wrote:
wishyouawish wrote:
Phil Cohen wrote:

Thanks for that info. I looked at that CD before the post and couldn't see It's You on it. I have looked again and still can't see it. What disc and track # please. Maybe your issue is different to mine.

And so you are correct. It was not from "30th anniversary Collection".Maybe one of the other forum members can tell you where that remix debuted. It is not the 1966 original stereo mix.
PostPosted:Mon May 09, 2011 12:05 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

The UK box set from 2003 has It's you on disc one. Is this the version?

Would you believe the Hollies had power to stay by evolution of their style from Buddy Holly ? That's for certain because they follow what goes around, write on and go out on the road. They did it then, they do it now - please do it always.
PostPosted:Mon May 09, 2011 17:18 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Banjo

Banjo

Knut wrote:
The UK box set from 2003 has It's you on disc one. Is this the version?

That version is in mono.
PostPosted:Mon May 09, 2011 22:20 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Carrie Anne Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

06.Oct.1997 Special Collection 3 x CD Box Set EMI 100 CDTRBOX280 59805/6/7. Also reissued and repackaged in 2008.
PostPosted:Mon May 09, 2011 22:47 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Banjo

Banjo

Carrie Anne wrote:
06.Oct.1997 Special Collection 3 x CD Box Set EMI 100 CDTRBOX280 59805/6/7. Also reissued and repackaged in 2008.

Just went through all the stereo versions of It's You on CD That I have and it seems that the Special Collection set is indeed the first issue in the UK (I don't have any of the BGO CDs any longer in my collection to be able to confirm if their FCB cd had the original stereo mix.). The All The World is Love CD on BR Music came out in 1994 and that seems to be the first CD issue of that track with the Instruments LEFT and Vocals either CENTRE (or very close to centre/right). All that seems to have happenned is to bring the right channel closer to the centre. I would suggest it isn't a remix at all. Unfortunately my vinyl is in storage so I can't listen to it to find out how far right the vocals are on the LP. The French Singles As& Bs 1966-1983 has the stereo reversed. The French Digipak of For Certain Because has the instruments in the left channel moved closer to the centre creating a narrow stereo field.
PostPosted:Tue May 10, 2011 8:12 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Phil Cohen Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

wishyouawish wrote:
Phil Cohen wrote:

Phil, where does the 1993 mix of "It's You" that you describe first appear. I can't listen to my vinyl version of FCB to check the original stereo mix is as my vinyl is in storage at the moment. All the CD versions I have heard have instruments right and vocals very narrow left almost centre except The French Singles As & Bs on the Magic label has the stereo reversed.
Magic Records have many tracks with the stereo reversed. I wonder if they did that on purpose.

[Deleted by author]
PostPosted:Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:30 am

Last edited by Phil Cohen on Sun Jun 26, 2011 23:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Banjo

Banjo

Isn't the mix of It's You on the Long Road Home set mono? All the mono version have a slightly longer fade than the stereo versions.
PostPosted:Sun Jun 26, 2011 22:19 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Page 2 of 2