graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Elevated Observation » Local Independent Music Shops
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Terry Steer Post subject: Local Independent Music Shops
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

James mentioned in another thread that he picked up a copy of Allan Clarke's "Heroes And Survivors" from his local independent music shop. I got most of my Hollies collection from my LIMS but that closed down last summer. The two local chain stores - Virgin & HMV - carry only stuff with guaranteed sales, and anything else has to be ordered. You have to go through the queuing, and then the looking up on the computer, and then the ordering, and then the 7 to 10 days waiting for the CD to arrive, and then be in when they telephone to tell you it's arrived. I just think you guys who have independent outlets are very lucky. Rant over. Mad
PostPosted:Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:33 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Yes, my most-frequently visited independent record shop is Lost In Music in the west end of Glasgow - it carries a fantastic range of titles, second hand stuff, and all at reasonable prices. Friendly, helpful staff too. Smile Some of the prices astound me in HMV and Virgin, indeed, in the past, I have bought CD's in high street retailers only to see them a couple of weeks later much cheaper in Lost In Music.....so....err....I took them back for a refund!! (who says us Scots are tight!)

Honestly, I've seen titles £7 or £8 cheaper in independent shops than in high street retailers - its unbelieveable. Rolling Eyes I try to avoid HMV and the like apart from when sales are on, and even then, I can often get the CD's at a similar (non-sale) price elsewhere. Rolling Eyes Time that customers started voting with their feet!

End of my rant! Laughing
PostPosted:Mon Jun 21, 2004 20:58 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Elevated Observation
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1