The Hollies Forum Index » Elevated Observation » The Beatels
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Susie Hewett Post subject: The Beatels
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi All Exclamation

I was just in Kathy's go-go site and read the up coming concert dates of a few bands for May and June and it says that The Beatels (formerly known as The Beatnix) will be at The Penrith R.S.L. Club next Saturday 5 June so guess where I am going.

I saw The Beatels a couple of years ago when they were still called The Beatnix and they were brilliant. They look and sound exactly like the real Beatles and worth seeing more than once. The Beatels do put on a brilliant and exciting show and a treat for those of us who were too young to see the original Beatles when they came to Australia in 1964 which I don't even remember.

All The Best

Susie

Cool Very Happy
PostPosted:Sun May 30, 2004 9:31 am

Last edited by Susie Hewett on Mon May 31, 2004 1:39 am; edited 1 time in total
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
KathyGoGo Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

Hi Susie

It's great you are going to see the Beatels on the 5th. The Beatels were known as the Beatnix, but decided to leave their management in 1996 and call themselves the Beatels, as their manager owned the name The Beatnix. Their old management got a new group of guys in to call The Beatnix, so now the Beatels and The Beatnix operate around the Sydney area. (You lucky thing). I don't know which one of the bands you saw.

Say hi to the fellas when you see them from me. Very Happy (Bruce - 'John' and Steve - 'Paul' will remember me). I wasn't going to go to the Melbourne 40th Anniversary show but now I am. Very Happy WOO HOO!!!!!!! Roll on the 17th. Ten years to the day I danced with them. Very Happy

PostPosted:Sun May 30, 2004 11:56 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Kathy and Susie,
I'm also going to see the Beatels next month, for me it's my first time seeing this band and from both your reports it looks like I'm in for a good time. Susie have a look at the Beatels web site, it's fab and also has some fantastic video footage to see. Steve, oops John looks and sounds like the real thing.
Looking forward to a great show,
Bye all,
Anthony

PostPosted:Sun May 30, 2004 20:36 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Susie Hewett Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Kathy and Anthony Exclamation

Kathy, you say that the Beatnix changed their name to The Beatels in 1996 Question Well the band that I saw was called The Beatnix (confusing yes Question ) and I've seen them 5 times between 1998 and 2002 and they were absolutely brilliant and worth every cent I paid to see them. As I said in my previous post they looked, sounded even talked like the real Beatles and when they guy who plays Ringo sang The Yellow Submarine you could almost swear he's the real thing.

And Anthony, I hope you have a great time when you see The Beatels next month. What day are you going Question I did have a bit of a look around The Beatles website Yesterday and it is great with plenty of information and even a guestbook which I will sign when I visit again later.

All The Best

Susie

Very Happy Razz
PostPosted:Mon May 31, 2004 1:26 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Susie,
I'll be there on the 17th, I'm sure it's going to be a fantastic show.
Really looking forward to the night,
Bye,
Anthony

PostPosted:Mon May 31, 2004 10:12 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
KathyGoGo Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

Hi Susie. The band you saw are the Beatnix. The 'John' and 'Paul' in the Beatels were a part of the Beatnix pre- 1996. Bruce from the Beatels is supposed to be one of the best Lennon look-a-likes and Steven has one of the best McCartney voices around. Do go and see them. I'm sure you will enjoy them as much as you did the Beatnix.

PostPosted:Mon May 31, 2004 21:53 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Kathy Exclamation

I have my ticket for The Beatels concert here in Penrith this Saturday Night (The 5th) and I can't wait. Hope you have a good time on the 17th and you have a good time on the 17th as well Anthony.

All The Best

Susie

Rolling Eyes Smile
PostPosted:Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:44 am

Last edited by Susie Hewett on Sat Jun 05, 2004 3:58 am; edited 1 time in total
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
holliesfan Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

OK, so there is a Beatnix AND Beatels band out there. Is anyone aware of a Dave Clark Five cover band? Now that would be something worth seeing as well.
PostPosted:Tue Jun 01, 2004 19:46 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

G'day All Exclamation

Well last night I went and saw The Beatels at The Penrith R.S.L. club and it was truely a memorable show. They do such a convincing performance that you can almost swear that they are the real Beatles.

They did the concert in 3 sets of approximately 40 to 45 minutes each starting 9.00pm and ending at 12.30am and I enjoyed every minute of it. I have a car so I was at home, in my pyjamas and in bed by 1.00am.

The first set covered 1963/64, The second set 1965/66 and the third set 1967/70. They performed many of the Beatles singles and tracks from the Please Please Me, A Hard Day's Night, Help, Rubber Soul, Sgt Pepper's Abbey Road and White albums. I have one complaint though, they didn't sing my favourite Beatles song The Yellow Submarine but they did sing my second favourite Ob-La-Di-Ob-La-Da.

Bruce introduced the the others as Paul, George and Ringo and himself as John. He and Steve (Paul) sang most of the songs but Marcus (George) and Neil (Ringo) sang some songs as well. I can't remember who it was but whoever said that The Beatels look and sound like the real thing was right.

The Stage the smallest I have ever seen, it is only about 6 inches high and in a corner near the poker machines (or slot machines as they say in the U.S.A.) then you have the dance floor and then about 20 tables with chairs. I was one of the smart ones who got there early and I got a seat at a table in the second row.

Some people including myself got up on the dance floor and danced which I thought was fun and I looked at Marcus and he gave me a smile and I smiled back at him.

I will give The Beatels 100 out of 100 and would recommend them to anyone. If they come back to Penrith I will see them again even if I have to pay next time.

All The Best

Susie

Razz Laughing
PostPosted:Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:01 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Thanks Susie for that bit of a review, I was looking forward to the show before, now I'm counting the hours, forget the days.

PostPosted:Sun Jun 06, 2004 6:37 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Anthony!

You Are very welcome, I sent Kathy the long version of the show and she is going to put it on her website. I didn't even know about last night's concert until last Monday when I saw it advertised on Kathy's Website (thanks Kathy) and by Thursday I was counting it down by the hours. If the show in Melbourne is anything like last night (which I'm sure it will be) then you will have the time of your life.

All The Best

Susie

Very Happy Razz
PostPosted:Sun Jun 06, 2004 11:01 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Susie,
Saw the Beatels last night, what a Fab show. Hope they don't wait till the 50th anniversary to make a return visit to Melbourne.

PostPosted:Fri Jun 18, 2004 9:34 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Anthony Exclamation

I am pleased that your enjoyed The Beatels show as I knew you would and I too hope that they visit Melbourne again soon (and the rest of OZ) I'm hoping they don't leave it too long before they come back to Penrith.

All The Best

Susie

Very Happy Rolling Eyes
PostPosted:Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:24 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
KathyGoGo Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

Hi Susie

The Melbourne show was great but I felt the 30th that we did with the boys was better back in 1994. Perhaps because this time it was in a theatre rather than the original venue. It could also be because they had a different 'George' and 'Ringo' this time or even perhaps because they are 10 years older.

We were lucky in Melbourne because we got to see the screening, after the Beatels had performed, of the original Shell concert footage from Festival Hall in Melbourne back in 1964 complete with support acts Johnny Devlin, Johnny Chester and Sounds Incorporated (who I thought overshadowed the Beatles with their stage presence). Unfortunately, Apple had told the presenters of the show that the footage is never to be shown again, so the rest of Australia will miss out on what we saw.

The show is up in Sydney now for the 40th Anniversary Tour on the 20th and 21st of June, then on to Western Australia then up north to Queensland. Sydney is sold out.

PostPosted:Sat Jun 19, 2004 2:11 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Kathy Exclamation

I knew that you would enjoy The Beatels show, they are in my opinion superb and I hope to see them again in the not too distant future. Smile I hope to see a review of the show on your website.

I wish that they had showed the 1964 footage from The Festival Hall at the Beatels show 2 weeks ago Sad missing out on interesting things like that seems to be the story of my life. Sad

All The Best

Susie

Rolling Eyes Cool
PostPosted:Sat Jun 19, 2004 2:37 am
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Elevated Observation
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1