graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road » Littlecote House - 31/07/10
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dawn D Post subject: Littlecote House - 31/07/10
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I spent last weekend at Littlecote House Hotel. I went there last year and was lucky enough to meet Peter and Ray and get their autographs. If you like English history, its a good place to visit. However, I was there to see The Hollies! They were due to appear 10pm on the Saturday night. My friend and I were getting ready to go for dinner at 6.30 when I heard music coming from somewhere. My friend said it must be the road crew doing a sound check. I put my head out of the window to try and make out the sound when I heard Bus Stop! That's not the road crew! We quickly made our way to the lounge/ballroom and saw the guys rehearsing, only through a doorway, we couldn't go in. They jokingly played the word 'goodbye' from the intro of I Can't Let Go and waved goodbye - very funny (not!) We watched King Midas then went in to have dinner and after get a good table for the show. First of all we had to endure 2 hours of foxtrot and quickstep music - aargh! (what we have to go through to see TH) then a comedian (not bad).
At last 10pm and there they were - The set list was the same as at Nidd Hall (I think), but they did Sandy instead of So Damn Beautiful. Ian was having 'technical difficulties' with his keyboard and we found out why when Peter introduced Sandy. He said it was a different version to the one the lads did on the 1975 album Another Night. He then went on to say that he accidentally touched something on Ian's keyboard during the second song and was very sorry for causing Ian to have such a nightmare time and hoped he forgave him! The keyboard was fixed, Steve passed over his guitar to Peter and Ray came to the front with Tony for backing vocals to a great version of Sandy. The rest of the show went without a hitch. Fantastic as always. We also got on to the dance floor again - great! Nice to hear the road crew got a 'thank you' at the end.
PostPosted:Sun Aug 08, 2010 19:01 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1