graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Elevated Observation » Les McKeown
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Shelley Post subject: Les McKeown
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I went to see Les McKeown on his Rollermania tour just recently at Croydon.

He puts on a really good show - bit teasing at times though. I only planned on going the once but can you believe I have now been 3 more times and have three more shows to go including 2 in Scotland!

I was wondering after seeing a Cliff Richard fan at one of the shows have any Hollies fans been to see Les' show?

Shelley
PostPosted:Tue Apr 13, 2010 21:17 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Dawn D Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Hi, Shelley, yes, I went with my school friend who now lives near Leicester to see Les McKeown at Loughborough on Mar 31st. It was great fun! We were 15 again! It was good as it wasn't just the BCR songs, but Les also told the story of the Rollers. He told a very interesting story about when he first joined the Rollers and Bell Records. They were rehearsing a song written by Phil Everly that they were planning to release as a single (that started to ring bells with me). Two days later the record company manager came rushing in to say "Stop" you can't do that song - a BIG group has already done it. Then Les and the band performed that song - 'Air'! Afterwards, he said to the crowd 'Do you know who did that song?' and of course, the crowd shouted 'The Hollies'! The Rollers then went on to record 'Remember' - the start of their mega success. Sorry Rollers, but I can't imagine your version of Air would have been a patch on The Hollies! Smile
PostPosted:Wed Apr 14, 2010 18:43 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Shelley Post subject: Les McKeown
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Hi Dawn,

On my other thread it seems Phil Everly didn't write this song after all.

When I went to see Les at Edmonton after he sang the song he asked the audience who recorded the song then he looked at me as he was saying I wonder if The Hollies are still touring (I once said to him I go to see The Hollies) so I said they were of course.

Oh by the way once the Rollermania tour is over Les McKeown is releasing a single called River of Love.

Shelley
PostPosted:Wed Apr 14, 2010 19:15 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Dawn D Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Thanks Shelley, of course, now having been reminded by your other thread, I had heard before who it was written by, but obviously it was not uppermost in my mind at the time!
PostPosted:Thu Apr 15, 2010 18:28 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Elevated Observation
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1