graphic
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Boys In The Band » Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame - It's official
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Lou Post subject: Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame - It's official
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

pop the champagne Cool

Today, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation announced ABBA, Genesis, Jimmy Cliff, The Hollies and The Stooges as its 2010 artist inductees. Mr. Green
http://www.rockhall.com/induction2010

as expected the write up on The Hollies, themselves is whacked.
Get this ...

Above all, it was the wide-open three-part vocal harmonies of original members Allan Clarke, Graham Nash, and Eric Haydock, inspired by the Everly Brothers, that gave the Hollies a sound apart from other British Invasion beat groups. Songwriter Graham Gouldman supplied them with “Look Through Any Window” and “Bus Stop.” And the original writing talent of Clarke, Nash, and lead guitarist Tony Hicks took over on “Stop! Stop! Stop!” and “On a Carousel,” as the Hollies went on to chart 21 consecutive Top 20 UK hits through 1970. After Nash’s departure in 1968, new hits carried them into the mid-70’s including “He Ain’t Heavy, He's My Brother,” “Long Cool Woman in a Black Dress,” “Long Dark Road,” “Magic Woman Touch,” “The Air That I Breathe,” and others.

PostPosted:Tue Dec 15, 2009 15:18 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
holliesfan Post subject: Re: It's official
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Lou wrote:
pop the champagne Cool

Today, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation announced ABBA, Genesis, Jimmy Cliff, The Hollies and The Stooges as its 2010 artist inductees. Mr. Green
http://www.rockhall.com/induction2010

as expected the write up on The Hollies, themselves is whacked.
Get this ...

Above all, it was the wide-open three-part vocal harmonies of original members Allan Clarke, Graham Nash, and Eric Haydock, inspired by the Everly Brothers, that gave the Hollies a sound apart from other British Invasion beat groups. Songwriter Graham Gouldman supplied them with “Look Through Any Window” and “Bus Stop.” And the original writing talent of Clarke, Nash, and lead guitarist Tony Hicks took over on “Stop! Stop! Stop!” and “On a Carousel,” as the Hollies went on to chart 21 consecutive Top 20 UK hits through 1970. After Nash’s departure in 1968, new hits carried them into the mid-70’s including “He Ain’t Heavy, He's My Brother,” “Long Cool Woman in a Black Dress,” “Long Dark Road,” “Magic Woman Touch,” “The Air That I Breathe,” and others.

YES! YES! YES! Long Overdue!!!!!!!!! Jimmy Smith or someone from the Hollies camp needs to contact the RRHOF ASAP to have that terrible oversight corrected. I'm sure Tony would not be pleased to have been omitted.
PostPosted:Tue Dec 15, 2009 16:25 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Carrie Anne Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

This is wonderful news. Of course we all knew it was going to happen guys. Congratulations to all The Hollies past and present and I'm sure what ever line up performs at the prestigeous ceremony it will be the performance of a lifetime. Thoroughly deserved HOLLIES FOREVER !!!!!
PostPosted:Tue Dec 15, 2009 17:00 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

This is so well deserved!
I wonder if it is possible to get tickets for the induction concert. This will really be a special event if Graham and Allan joins the band again.

Would you believe the Hollies had power to stay by evolution of their style from Buddy Holly ? That's for certain because they follow what goes around, write on and go out on the road. They did it then, they do it now - please do it always.
PostPosted:Tue Dec 15, 2009 17:32 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
holliesfan Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Knut wrote:
This is so well deserved!
I wonder if it is possible to get tickets for the induction concert. This will really be a special event if Graham and Allan joins the band again.

I'm sure the ceremony is a high ticket event and it's likely that no one other than record company execs and artists would be allowed admission. I'd love to go as well.
PostPosted:Tue Dec 15, 2009 17:38 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Sandy Post subject:

YES! Congratulations to The Hollies, past and current members! I'm so happy for all of you! It's about time and very long overdue! I too wish I could be there to see them inducted.

Sandy

PostPosted:Tue Dec 15, 2009 18:49 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Bonus Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/31347780/graham_nash_honored_by_the_hollies_rock_and_roll_hall_of_fame_induction

Grahams comment
PostPosted:Tue Dec 15, 2009 18:50 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dawn D Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Just found out, brilliant news! Well deserved and about time too! Congratulations Very Happy
PostPosted:Tue Dec 15, 2009 19:12 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
an Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

MANY congratulations to The Hollies (past and present) and their team (past and present). You really deserve it!
PostPosted:Tue Dec 15, 2009 22:01 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
holliesfan Post subject: Billboard Magazine
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Here's a guote from Billboard Magazine. Pay particular attention to what Stephen Stills says (underlined) about the Hollies.

"Hollies veteran Graham Nash calls the group's induction "well-deserved," noting that "they were a very large part of the British Invasion. They were a very large part of early, you know, English rock. They had a couple of dozen Top 10 hits (in the U.K.), and hits over here (in the U.S.), and why not?" His longtime colleague Stephen Stills was "so happy" for Nash and cracked that "now he can quit feeling inferior" because Stills and David Crosby have each been inducted into the Hall more than once. But, Stills adds, "I thought (the Hollies) were a great band, and we all wanted to sing like that. The fact I ended up with one of their singers is one of the luckiest things that ever happened in my life."
PostPosted:Tue Dec 15, 2009 22:29 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

I'm just so proud of the Lads

PostPosted:Tue Dec 15, 2009 22:33 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Ray Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Just found out the news about the Hollies Induction. Well done and congradulations to the Hollies, including all members who have made their contributions over the years. Wonderful comments by Graham Nash regarding the Hollies induction. He certainly is pleased for Allan. And wow... wouldn't it be great to hear them all together again.

Cheers Ray Very Happy
PostPosted:Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:08 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
frostina Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Three cheers! Congratulations to the band for this very much deserved and long overdue honor.
PostPosted:Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:39 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
malco Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

At last and not before time. A band that truly deserves it.
PostPosted:Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:43 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
John Truman Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Excellent news! Well deserved and very much long overdue.

PostPosted:Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:50 am
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Boys In The Band
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next