graphic
Goto page Previous  1, 2
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Boys In The Band » The RRHOF ... is 2010 the year ?
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Carrie Anne Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Gee wrote:
I Second that Holliesfan ! Wink

This is a VERY Important opportunity for the Hollies....

Were they to be inducted into the Hall of Fame....albeit the "Core famous Hits Hollies" line up of:

Allan Clarke, Graham Nash, Tony Hicks, Bobby Elliott, Bernie Calvert, Terry Sylvester, and hopefully Eric Haydock....maybe even Mike Rickfors (who ALL Contributed to the Worldwide Hits)

...it would also be a Tremendous BOOST for the Public Profile of the Current Recording & Touring "Mark Six" Hollies line up....

Perhaps then a "Greatest Hits" CD could quickly follow, plugging the fact The Hollies have been Nominated / Hopefully Inducted ! - and Duly Advertised on TV - which has WORKED with CHARTING CD's in the UK for EVERYONE from Cliff/Shadows, The Searchers, The Dave Clark Five, Tommy Steele & even The Bachelors recently .....let alone much of The Beatles back catalogue !

...plus then maybe a NEW "Live" Concert CD by the Current Hollies....possibly even twinned with "Then, Now, Always" could follow....to bring the CURRENT Hollies to wider public attention....?

The Nomination for the Hall of Fame in itself is another Important CHANCE....

....Like "Long Cool Woman" topping the USA chart in 1972...."The Air That I Breathe" hitting No 2/No 6 in the UK/USA in 1974.....Graham Nash reuniting with the Band for a USA Hit with "Stop in The Name of Love" & album in 1983....and "He Ain't Heavy..." topping the UK Chart in 1988....

....for The Hollies to be firmly Brought BACK into the wider Public eye (as opposed to just their Devoted fans that is !).....DON'T Waste it Lads !

I agree Holliesfan's point...I would have thought that the Nomination at least OUGHT to be prominent on the Hollies Official Website in case any Casual website visitors look in.....Surely ?

I've noticed that the nomination is up on Terry Sylvesters Website - Definate food for thought !!!
PostPosted:Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:11 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
holliesfan Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Carrie Anne wrote:
Gee wrote:

Were they to be inducted into the Hall of Fame....albeit the "Core famous Hits Hollies" line up of:

Allan Clarke, Graham Nash, Tony Hicks, Bobby Elliott, Bernie Calvert, Terry Sylvester, and hopefully Eric Haydock....maybe even Mike Rickfors (who ALL Contributed to the Worldwide Hits)

...it would also be a Tremendous BOOST for the Public Profile of the Current Recording & Touring "Mark Six" Hollies line up....

Perhaps then a "Greatest Hits" CD could quickly follow, plugging the fact The Hollies have been Nominated / Hopefully Inducted ! - and Duly Advertised on TV - which has WORKED with CHARTING CD's in the UK for EVERYONE from Cliff/Shadows, The Searchers, The Dave Clark Five, Tommy Steele & even The Bachelors recently .....let alone much of The Beatles back catalogue !

...plus then maybe a NEW "Live" Concert CD by the Current Hollies....possibly even twinned with "Then, Now, Always" could follow....to bring the CURRENT Hollies to wider public attention....?

....Like "Long Cool Woman" topping the USA chart in 1972...."The Air That I Breathe" hitting No 2/No 6 in the UK/USA in 1974.....Graham Nash reuniting with the Band for a USA Hit with "Stop in The Name of Love" & album in 1983....and "He Ain't Heavy..." topping the UK Chart in 1988....

....for The Hollies to be firmly Brought BACK into the wider Public eye (as opposed to just their Devoted fans that is !).....DON'T Waste it Lads !

I agree Holliesfan's point...I would have thought that the Nomination at least OUGHT to be prominent on the Hollies Official Website in case any Casual website visitors look in.....Surely ?

I've noticed that the nomination is up on Terry Sylvesters Website - Definate food for thought !!!

I for one don't understand why the Hollies 2010 nomination notice remains noticeably absent from the home page. This is a milestone we should ALL be proud of...the record buying public, Hollies fans worldwide, and of course the band themselves. This is a pre-cursor of a possible induction into the RRHOF itself.
PostPosted:Tue Oct 06, 2009 20:13 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Carrie Anne Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

holliesfan wrote:
Carrie Anne wrote:
Gee wrote:

I for one don't understand why the Hollies 2010 nomination notice remains noticeably absent from the home page. This is a milestone we should ALL be proud of...the record buying public, Hollies fans worldwide, and of course the band themselves. This is a pre-cursor of a possible induction into the RRHOF itself.

I think there is most definately a valid reason and I think we all have to wait for Rob to comment - I'm sure all The Hollies past and present are over the moon at being nominated Very Happy
PostPosted:Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:23 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
holliesfan Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Carrie Anne wrote:
holliesfan wrote:
Carrie Anne wrote:
Gee wrote:

I think there is most definately a valid reason and I think we all have to wait for Rob to comment - I'm sure all The Hollies past and present are over the moon at being nominated Very Happy

I can tell you that Terry Sylvester is ecstatic. I spoke with him by phone recently. I'm sure the others are equally excited.
PostPosted:Sun Oct 11, 2009 18:00 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Susie Hewett Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

That's great news about The Hollies getting nominated for the RRHOF. It would be wonderful if they win but I wouldn't stake my life on it though. If The Hollies don't win then I hope ABBA gets inducted.

Susie

PostPosted:Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:05 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
holliesfan Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Rob - Have you any news regarding the Hollies being nominated for the 2010 RRHOF? If not, would Jimmy Smith or the guys themselves have any knowledge at this time?
PostPosted:Thu Oct 22, 2009 21:05 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Romany Post subject: Great News

"Abba, Genesis, Jimmy Cliff, the Hollies and the Stooges will be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame next year, the Hall of Fame Foundation has announced."

Just Just read the news on New York Times (Tuesday, December 15, 2009) http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/12/15/rock-hall-admits-abba-but-disses-kiss/
PostPosted:Tue Dec 15, 2009 15:16 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Gee Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

and NOT BEFORE Time either....!

Well done to Steve Van Zant & all those TRUE Hollies fans who wished for this....and to the fans who campaigned for this for the Band...and those who spotted the news & Advised everyone !

Congratulations to Allan Clarke, Graham Nash, Tony Hicks, Bobby Elliott, Terry Sylvester, Bernie Calvert, & Eric Haydock...plus all the other members of The Hollies down the years, both Past and Present, who each played their part....

....and remembering The key contributions of The Late Great Hollies Producer Ron Richards & longtime Hollies Recording Engineer The Late Peter Bown.
PostPosted:Tue Dec 15, 2009 17:59 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Boys In The Band
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2