The Hollies Forum Index » Elevated Observation » The Searchers
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Susie Hewett Post subject: The Searchers
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Everyone Exclamation

Last Night I went to The Rooty Hill RSL Club and saw The Searchers and they were absolutely Sensational and worth the money I paid to see them. Today's line-up consists of Frank Allen, John McNally (2 original members), Spencer James and Eddie Roth and they put on a truely magnificent show.

The Searchers came on stage at 8.20pm (20 minutes late) and played for an hour, The there was a 20 minute break and they came back on stage at 9.40pm and performed for another hour and I loved every minute and didn't want it to end. I was at a table down the front directly in front of Frank so I had a fantastic view of them.

The searchers sang many of their hits including - Swaeets For My Sweet, Needles And Pins (my favourtite), Have You Ever Loved Somebody, Don't Trow Your Love Away, Goodbye My Love, What Have They Done To The Rain, Love Potion No.9, Da Doo Run Run. When You Walk In The Room, Take Me For What I'm Worth, Twist And Shout, The Rose (The Bette Midler Song), You'll Never Walk Alone (the Gerry And The Pacemakers Song) and Young Girl (I've heard the original version but don't know who sang it). They also performed some 'B' sides and Album tracks. Like many other bands from The 60's, The Searchers also add some humor to the show to get everyone laughing.

That was about the 10th time I saw The Searchers since my first time in 1995 and I will deffinately see them again next time they come to Australia.

My rating for the concert - 10 out of 10 with 10 gold stars.

Susie

PostPosted:Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:42 am

Last edited by Susie Hewett on Mon Feb 09, 2009 23:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
SpartyScott Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

I have a video of the Searchers from a relatively recent concert, from the same date as a Carl Wayne-led Hollies show. Agreed that they sound great.

Did they happen to mention the source for the song "Have You Ever Loved Somebody?"
PostPosted:Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:43 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Susie Hewett Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

SpartyScott wrote:
I have a video of the Searchers from a relatively recent concert, from the same date as a Carl Wayne-led Hollies show. Agreed that they sound great.

Did they happen to mention the source for the song "Have You Ever Loved Somebody?"

Hi SpartyScott Exclamation

No, Frank never mentioned the source for "Have you ever loved somebody". I didn't knoiw there was one.

PostPosted:Mon Feb 09, 2009 23:21 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
benny-b-goode Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I think SpartyScott is refering to the fact that "Have You Ever Loved Somebody" is a song written by Clarke/Hicks/Nash during their highly creative period 1965-1967 for their album "Evolution". Most people don't know that this Searchers hit was a Hollies song in the original. And we as Hollies fans hope that this fact is mentioned on stage by a group who covered one of their forgotten tracks.
I hope that this is what SpartyScott meant with source.
PostPosted:Tue Feb 10, 2009 20:15 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
malco Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

I too saw The Searchers, but at the Illawarra Master Builders Club in Wollongong. The band is a tight unit and the members always give a great show. Their musicianship has not dimmed at all.
PostPosted:Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:23 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
håkan strandberg Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

Hello.

I have been listening to The Searchers CD the sire sessions (rockfield recordings 1979-80)for about 2days now and found out it`s a very good record.There are many good songs ex. Love`s melody Silver.You are the new day,Radio romance,It`s too late, Back to the war and many more .It also shows that Mike Pender is a great singer too.

Have a nice day. Håkan.
PostPosted:Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:45 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
håkan strandberg Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

[quote="håkan strandberg"]Hello.

I have been listening to The Searchers CD the sire sessions (rockfield recordings 1979-80)for about 2days now and found out it`s a very good record.There are many good songs ex. Love`s melody Silver.You are the new day,Radio romance,It`s too late, Back to the war and many more .It also shows that Mike Pender is a great singer too. I saw The Searchers live in Boden ( Folkets Hus).1973 and they vere very good. They didn`t want stop playing so they almost have to through them out from the scen.

Have a nice day. Håkan.
PostPosted:Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:57 am
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Elevated Observation
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic