The Hollies Forum Index » Boys In The Band » Terry At Rooty Hill, Sydney
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Susie Hewett Post subject: Terry At Rooty Hill, Sydney
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Everyone!

Last night I went to Rooty Hill RSL Club, Sydney and saw Terry Sylvester and Joey Molland (ex Badfinger) both of them were worth the $40 I paid to see them..

Terry performed first and came on at 8.15pm (15 minutes late) and was on for about 50 minutes which in my opinion wasn't long enough and he was absolutely sensational. Terry started the show with Carrieanne and other songs he sang were Just One Look, Bus Stop, He Ain't Heavy, Too Young To Be Married, The Air That I Breathe, Long Cool Woman, and a couple more that I can't think of at this time. Non Hollies songs Terry sang are The Hippy Hippy Shake (The Swinging Blue Jeans) Don't Let The Sun Catch You Crying (Gerry And The Pacemakers) and Till Their Was You (The Beatles). Terry joked about when he was on his way to the club he was thinking that he started performing in the 60's and now he he in his 60's. And he also talked about coming to Australia with The Hollies for the firat time arriving here on New Year's Eve 1970 and performing on TGK (a pop music show) and doing their Sydney concert and a place called Checkers (which no longer exists). He also talked when The Hollies recorded Moving Finger (Distant Light in the UK) and how the company took Too Young To Be Married on the album and released it as a single and how surprised he, Allan, Tony, Bobby and Bernie were when the song hit No.1 in both Australia and New Zealand. Terry ended his part of the show at 9.05pm.

After a 20 minute interrmission Joey Molland came on at 9.25pm and performed for one hour and he was just brilliant. Joey was a member on Badfinger and he sang some of their songs (as I am not familiar with Badfinger I have no idea which ones he sang). He also a couple of Beatles song, a John Lennon song (I don't remember which ones). Joey also talked about how and when he joined Badfinger. About half way through his performance a string broke on his guitar and had to borrow Terry's guitar for the accoustic part which took about 5 minutes, in the mean time someone fixed the guitar for him. He also said that this is the first time in his life that he has ever been to Australia and that he has been looking for some Kangaroos but haven't seen any yet. Toward the end of the show Joey called Terry onto the stage and they did a bit of Rock And Roll for us for about 10 minutes so both of them spent 1 hour each on stage.

At the end of the show I got to meet Terry which was my big thrill of the night or even the whole week. I bought an album called the Hollies Platinum for $20 and Terry sighed the paper cover for me and we even had a bit of a conversation and he was a real gentleman and even thanked me for going to the show.

I will give both Terry and Joey 10 out of 10 and if they ever come to Australia again I will go and see them.

PostPosted:Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:47 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Christine Wilson Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

Dear Susie

How lucky you were to see Terry. i wondered if you would get to see him when he came to Sydney. Unfortunately I hadn't had much time to go online like I used to, so didn't find out about him until the night he was performing in Adelaide, so too late to change plans. I was so disappointed. I'm glad you saw him and met him. I believe Anthony was to see him in Melbourne and am waiting to hear how that went.

Love Christine
PostPosted:Fri Nov 20, 2009 13:23 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Susie Hewett Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Christine Exclamation

I am so sorry that you never got to see Terry, he put on a wonderful show and Joey Molland was great too. It is a night I will never forget. I was in the front row right in front of Terry (and then Joey) and when I met him after the show he recognised me. He said "You were in the front weren't you' and I said 'that's right I was'. I also asked if I enjoyed the show and I said I loved it.

I hope it isn't too long before Terry comes to Sydney again.

Best Wishes

Susie

PostPosted:Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:54 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Boys In The Band
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1