graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Write On » Cliff Richard and Shadows tour
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject: Cliff Richard and Shadows tour
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

This autumn there are reunion shows in the UK with Cliff Richard and the original Shadows. I have so far only seen Cliff solo with Peter Howarth (Hollies) singing harmony and Steve Stroud (ex-Hollies) in Norway, and Brian Bennett's Shadows recently in Hamburg. Both strong appearances. And this must be even better. Now I wonder, will Pete be singing harmonies during that tour?

Would you believe the Hollies had power to stay by evolution of their style from Buddy Holly ? That's for certain because they follow what goes around, write on and go out on the road. They did it then, they do it now - please do it always.
PostPosted:Mon Jan 12, 2009 19:41 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

...and by the way if anyone hasn't seen and heard Peter with Cliff, here's a clip on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0c8hSm9e7U

Would you believe the Hollies had power to stay by evolution of their style from Buddy Holly ? That's for certain because they follow what goes around, write on and go out on the road. They did it then, they do it now - please do it always.
PostPosted:Mon Jan 12, 2009 19:48 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Knut,
I have Cliff's latest DVD called Time Machine Tour, Cliff and Peter sing "All I have to do is dream." Peter plays a big part in the show, he also plays Guitar on Move It.

PostPosted:Mon Jan 12, 2009 20:45 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Good tip, Anthony, thanks, I only have the Here and now DVD. Pete also has a nice part there.

PostPosted:Mon Jan 12, 2009 21:33 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
benny-b-goode Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Every Hollies fan that likes Cliff's music, as well, should have that DVD "Time Machine". Of all the DVDs released during the last 10 years this one is his best. It is like a real journey through time with historical films inbetween. The song selection is great. Peter plays rhythm guitar on all songs and sings his harmony part as brilliant as ever.
Some rare highlights during that concert were the real rockin' "Mobile Alabama School Leaving Hullaballoo" from 1977 that was recently rediscovered in the archives and put on his new brilliant 8 CD pack. For every Hollies fan loving a capella harmony singing "When I Survey The Wondrous Cross" must be a highlight. The country-song "Honky Tonk Angel" Cliff banned himself he unbans during this tour. And there are many of his hits, of course. A great concert.
Me and my family we had a Cliff party on New Year's Eve with this new DVD.
PostPosted:Tue Jan 13, 2009 19:27 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Sune Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

Just got my tickets for the concert in Stockholm by november 20.
PostPosted:Mon Mar 02, 2009 17:28 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Bonus Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I saw Cliffs and Shadows show in Malmö last saturday. It´s fantastic what a good shape Cliff is in!He´s 69 and looks like he´s 39! And he moves like Michael Jackson, but in slow motion. A rather good show, I must say!
PostPosted:Mon Nov 16, 2009 22:08 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Write On
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1