graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road » 2010 tour and setlist
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
mickey Post subject: 2010 tour and setlist
Banjo

Banjo

hi rob please pass a message on to the guys i reckon they have the setlist just about right only one song i would likely drop is lucille i know the ladies like to dance to this but iwould much prefer to see them open up wth stop a great cover version they did a tour or so ago or even maybe re introduce peggy sue got married or steve could do a version of butterfly . just my ideas . oh rob can you say if the boys plan to play the usual venues on 2010 tour
PostPosted:Mon Aug 10, 2009 17:31 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject:

Site Admin

Just goes to show. I think Lucille is fantastic and would like them to do a couple more in the same style.

There are currently plans being worked on to tour in the Spring and Autumn and obviously, a lot of the places will be the usual venues. There will be one or two new ones, I believe, but we will have to wait and see.

Some dates could be released next month so keep watching the site for news.

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Mon Aug 10, 2009 20:02 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

I agree with Rob. They played Lucille in King's Lynn Corn Exchange and it was smashing. I have been thinking about what I would like to hear live that they have not played recently, and I have big problems. The current set list is so strong!

If I could make a wish - I think I'd pass....

Well maybe: My favourite in addition to Heavy and Air is Write on. That would be something!

Would you believe the Hollies had power to stay by evolution of their style from Buddy Holly ? That's for certain because they follow what goes around, write on and go out on the road. They did it then, they do it now - please do it always.
PostPosted:Mon Aug 10, 2009 20:20 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
an Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I also saw The Hollies singing 'Lucille' on their last tour.

I think the song has a good rockin beat with great guitars and drum sound, and well sung by Peter.
It will be a pity if it disappears from their next playlist.
PostPosted:Tue Aug 11, 2009 14:44 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
håkan strandberg Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

Yes I agree lucille is a great song.Keep on rocking.

Have a nice evening

Håkan
PostPosted:Thu Aug 13, 2009 18:36 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Carrie Anne Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Knut wrote:
I agree with Rob. They played Lucille in King's Lynn Corn Exchange and it was smashing. I have been thinking about what I would like to hear live that they have not played recently, and I have big problems. The current set list is so strong!

If I could make a wish - I think I'd pass....

Well maybe: My favourite in addition to Heavy and Air is Write on. That would be something!

I'm certainly with you there Knut - I would love to hear Write On, on the set list - Possibly with Too Young To Be Married and To Do With Love - Hollies 2009/10 would sound amazing performing these exquisite masterpieces.
PostPosted:Fri Aug 14, 2009 0:34 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Lou Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

since making girls want to get up and dance is one of the
main reasons many boys start playing rock and / or roll,
I couldn't imagine why The Hollies, would drop a number that
is a successful means to that end ?

I say, "rock on, cats." Cool

PostPosted:Sun Oct 25, 2009 15:05 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
peterpoos Post subject:

To keep the next tour fresh for the boys and for the fans,I suggest they should replace say four or five songs from the last tour playlist. My suggestion would to be drop the three songs from Then,Now Always album as well as Lucille and the Listen To Me/Hey Willy/Gasoline Alley Bred medley. I would replace them with Too Young To Be Married,Soldier's Song,Stewball,So Damn Beautiful and Fortune Teller. It would be great to hear Married again live.It's been nearly six years since it was last included on a tour.
What would other members do if they had the final say as to what songs should be replaced and what songs to include.
PostPosted:Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:37 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

peterpoos wrote:
To keep the next tour fresh for the boys and for the fans,I suggest they should replace say four or five songs from the last tour playlist. My suggestion would to be drop the three songs from Then,Now Always album as well as Lucille and the Listen To Me/Hey Willy/Gasoline Alley Bred medley. I would replace them with Too Young To Be Married,Soldier's Song,Stewball,So Damn Beautiful and Fortune Teller. It would be great to hear Married again live.It's been nearly six years since it was last included on a tour.
What would other members do if they had the final say as to what songs should be replaced and what songs to include.

Well I certainly would not drop the three songs from the new album I would only add, The medley I would definately keep and like I have already said Too Young To Be Married, To Do With Love and Confessions Of The Mind would go down great guns !!!!!
PostPosted:Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:56 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
an Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I would love to hear an instrumental part during the concert : only guitars and drums.

And for me the new songs and medley must stay in the playlist.
PostPosted:Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:29 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
John Truman Post subject: 2010 Tour
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Unfortunately, I missed the whole of the 2009 tour because my wife Helen had a serious illness. Happily, she is now well on the road to recovery and should be well enough for the start of the 2010 tour.

I don't think I've heard the Hollies sing Lucille before so I hope they keep it in next year.

I remember back in the 80s and 90s, they used to finish their concerts with 2 or 3 rock and roll numbers which went down very well with the audience.

Anyway, roll on 2010. Can't wait for the tour to start.

PostPosted:Sun Nov 01, 2009 22:10 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
an Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Hi John, good to read your wife Helen is going better and will be well enough for the Tour 2010! All the best!
PostPosted:Mon Nov 02, 2009 15:58 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Hi John, Great to hear that Helen is on the road to recovery. Hope to see yourself and an sometime on the 2010 Tour - All the best to you both - Carrie Anne xo
PostPosted:Tue Nov 03, 2009 0:10 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
mickey Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

hi john glad to hear helens gettin better ive not been on here myself for a while as my mum was really poorly shes had a major operation and is just getting better . its interesting to see what other fans think of songs i dont dislike lucille , i love the band doing rock and roll numbers i too would love to see too young to be married back but id keep gasoline as its a great hollies track even thou they all are i used to like the rock and roll set they did too at the end . id like to see stop in the name of love re introduced as the opener i think pete does a fine job on this . happy new year to the hollies and all the fans
PostPosted:Tue Dec 29, 2009 18:34 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

mickey wrote:
hi john glad to hear helens gettin better ive not been on here myself for a while as my mum was really poorly shes had a major operation and is just getting better . its interesting to see what other fans think of songs i dont dislike lucille , i love the band doing rock and roll numbers i too would love to see too young to be married back but id keep gasoline as its a great hollies track even thou they all are i used to like the rock and roll set they did too at the end . id like to see stop in the name of love re introduced as the opener i think pete does a fine job on this . happy new year to the hollies and all the fans

Hi mickey - Glad to hear your mum is recovering and lovely to see you on here. - Yeah, the 2010 tour is nearly here and everyone is waiting with baited breath pondering over the set list. Like I've said before I'd love Too Young To Be Married to be brought back and also Take My Love And Run - I happen to think The Hollies would do a grand version of that wonderful song now. The medley needs to stay and I also would love to hear the boys perform Have You Ever Loved Somebody - That would rock the concert halls down - Have a wonderful 2010 - I sure am Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
PostPosted:Wed Dec 30, 2009 0:26 am
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next