The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music » Staying Power CD
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Susie Hewett Post subject: Staying Power CD
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Rob and Everyone!!

I am now a very very happy girl Very Happy Today I went to Redeye in Sydney and bought Staying Power and I love it Smile I have already played it twice. I couldn't find the CD on the shelf so I went to the counter and if the guy if they had it so he looked on the computer and found that there was one copy left. The guy said that it was a second hand so maybe someone purchased it and then changed their mind. Anyway the guy sent me upstairs where all the second hand stuff is and it only cost $25 instead of the usual $45. Very Happy

The CD is excellent quality for something that's suppose to be seacond hand Smile and as some of you know the cover opens up into a booklet with a photo of each of the Hollies with their names and what their position in the band is (who plays what instrument and who sings ect). Cool

My favourite songs on the CD are Hope, So Damn Beautiful, Suspended Animation and Emotions. Suspended Animation is very catchy and I think it would make a great single and a couple of hours ago I couldn't get that song out of my head. Razz

Best Wishes

Susie

Very Happy Smile Razz Cool

PostPosted:Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:25 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Hans Post subject: Staying Power CD

Thanks you – dear Hollies - that you have done this album. I had been waiting for so many years. Never thought, it could happen...

The new album succeeded quite well. Also the production pleases me well. Can’t find to much mistakes. A bit to much keyboard and there could have been more guitars – but they lost a brilliant guitar-player (Alan Coates). But that’s today’s music.

My favourites are:

1. Yesterday’s gone (could have been a Hit!)
2. Emotions
3. Weakness
4. Shine on me
5. Live it up
6. Hope
7. Break me
8. Touch me
9. Suspended animation
10. Let love pass (the live-version is so much better!!!)
11. Prove me wrong
12. So damn beautiful

Unfortunately they selected the only song as single (So damn beautiful) , which I really don’t like... But it’s a question of taste. You might see that differently.

After so many years doing no studio album it was impossible to have
economically success.

It was an album for the long waiting fans… I’m one of them since “Bus stop” had been in the radio. The generation of our children - who are today's buyer in the shops – would not buy a Hollies-Album. We can’t change it.

Hans Rüger
Wildeshausen
Germany
PostPosted:Sun Apr 02, 2006 13:22 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Susie,
Wow that was a good buy at $25, it's a pity it's not for sale in the big stores, I have a copy from Amazon but still look to see if it's around in the Hollies section. The import record shop I went to in the past sadly has closed down.
Best wishes,
Anthony

PostPosted:Sun Apr 02, 2006 14:03 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Susie Hewett Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Anthony Exclamation

Yes, I feel like I got a real bargain getting Staying Power for just $25 and like I said in my previous post, the guy said it was a second hand copy so he knocked $20 of the price and of course I wasn't going to argue with him.

I still look in the record/music shops here in Penrith and The City (Sydney) when I go there and with the exception of Redeye there is no sign of the album anywhere.

Best Wishes

Susie

PostPosted:Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:16 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

I saw "Staying Power" on the Canadian Amazon site, so it has been released there. Can a USA release be far behind?
PostPosted:Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:03 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
sherb Post subject:

Well, I am ashamed to say that, as a long term Hollies fan, I have only just bought this album.

I really didn't know what to expect, given all my Hollies memories feature Allan Clarke's distinctive voice (except of course for the brief Rickfors period).

I love it, I have played it continually the last couple of days and reckon it is fantastic.
PostPosted:Sun Sep 20, 2009 23:27 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
sherb Post subject:

I just can't get over how good this album is. It was worth another post just to say that. Laughing
PostPosted:Tue Sep 22, 2009 14:54 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1