graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Boys In The Band » Rickfors doing Bus stop live on YouTube
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject: Rickfors doing Bus stop live on YouTube
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Here's a nice new YouTube clip with Rickfors doing Bus stop live in Sweden 5th July 2009:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND3FedTA_BE

Would you believe the Hollies had power to stay by evolution of their style from Buddy Holly ? That's for certain because they follow what goes around, write on and go out on the road. They did it then, they do it now - please do it always.
PostPosted:Sun Jul 19, 2009 20:19 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Thanks Knut, great to see Rickfors keeping in touch with his days with the Hollies.

PostPosted:Sun Jul 19, 2009 22:12 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Connie Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

Thanks for the link, Knut. Mikael sounds great. Isn't that his son Oliver with him on stage?
PostPosted:Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:57 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Agneta Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Yes Connie, you're right, it is Mikael's son Oliver with him on stage!
I found a short interview with Mikael, in Swedish, published the same day:

http://www2.unt.se/article/1,1826,MC=5-AV_ID=929089,00.html?from=latestnav

He says that Oliver is good, but still young and unexperienced, and that he needs to stop being nervous.
He also says that Oliver has persuaded him to do some more Hollies songs this year, and that he (Mikael) has been in contact with one of the members of the Hollies, for the first time in nearly 20 years!
When he is asked if there's going to be a reunion with the Hollies later on, he answers: - "Yes, maybe, we would like to (can't find the exact translation), so that might happen"!!! Very Happy

Mikael is performing not far from where I live, tomorrow and the day after, so I'll try to attend on of the shows.
PostPosted:Tue Jul 21, 2009 15:43 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Connie Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

Thanks for the link and translation, Agneta. It sounds like Oliver has good taste in music. I wonder which Hollie Mikael has been in touch with. I hope you get to go to one of those shows. Have a great time.
PostPosted:Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:17 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Carrie Anne Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Thanks for the clip Knut. Mikael and Oliver sound in fine voice - Great version of Bus Stop. Cool Cool

Also thank you Agneta for the link and translation - Very interesting words from Mikael and lovely to hear A Hollie has been in touch - Great Stuff !!! Mr. Green
PostPosted:Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:39 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
an Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Thanks for the info. That's all good news!
Have a good time Agnetha!
PostPosted:Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:15 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Agneta Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Hi Connie, Carrie Anne and An!

I did go to see Mikael Rickfors perform two days ago, at Lyckorna Brygga, a small restaurant beautifully situated right by the sea on the Swedish west coast, where I saw him almost a year ago.
This time he had his son Oliver, 22 years old, with him on guitar, and Steve Eriksson on electric mandolin and guitar.
He did songs from his new cd, as well as some of his biggest Swedish hits, and some other songs, like a great version of When A Man Loves A Woman.
He did Bus Stop, but unfortunately that was the only Hollies song we got this time.
However, on request, he sang two verses of Amazing Grace!
He also told the story of how he met his wife on a plane going to a small island on the African coast. The pilot had forgotten his contact lenses and asked if there was a pilot on board, who could land the plane, and there was - Evalotta!
The atmosphere was great. Mikael got lots of applause, and he did three encores! He performed for an hour and a half without a break, and sang 18 songs.

Afterwards he kindly signed my copies of Away Again and Romany, and I asked him which member of the Hollies he'd been in contact with, and he said Terry Sylvester.
PostPosted:Fri Jul 24, 2009 21:03 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Carrie Anne Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Thanks so much for this wonderful review and information Agneta. You are so charmed at being able to see Mikael in concert and it's so amazing to hear that he has been in touch with Terry Sylvester. The fact you have had memorabilia signed is a coo and a half. A very jealous, but in an ever so nice way, Carrie Anne xoxoxoxo
PostPosted:Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:01 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
benny-b-goode Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Great version of "Bus Stop"! I wonder how it might have sounded in 1973 with Mikael and The Hollies.
But I don't think that Mikael will ever reunite with The Hollies anymore. I think that it's as possible as a return of Graham or Allan. The contact with Terry will not help, either, because Terry is no Hollie anymore, as well.
It would be great but I don't really think that Mikael, Graham or Allan would play with the current line-up. There aren't many members left of their Hollie-days.
Well, maybe wonders do happen. Very Happy
PostPosted:Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:02 am
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Boys In The Band
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic