graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music » Air Play for New CD?
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
holliesfan Post subject: Air Play for New CD?
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Living here in the US deprives me of any knowledge as to whether or not the new Hollies CD is garnering any UK radio attention. Can anyone tell me if any of the tracks are getting air play on radio stations or is the CD falling on deaf ears due once again to little or no promotion. There are so many great tracks on the CD and it would be a pity if the public misses out on hearing them. Thank God I am a true Hollies fan and was able to obtain a copy of the CD. Please share your thoughts.
PostPosted:Sat May 02, 2009 11:56 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Gee Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

So Far I have heard NOTHING ! - Has Anyone else heard otherwise...?
PostPosted:Sat May 02, 2009 17:09 pm

Last edited by Gee on Sat Oct 31, 2009 20:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
holliesfan Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Gee wrote:
So Far I have heard NOTHING ! - Has Anyone else heard otherwise...?

Yusuf (formerly Cat Stevens) has his new Album out on this coming Monday 4 May - Terry Sylvester appears on it ! - That album IS currently Being Promoted AHEAD of release by TV Advertising here in the UK.....

It's GREAT to see that WONDERFUL Artist back Recording again.... just How MANY years was Yusuf out of the music business....? - since 1977 ?

Yet he IS being properly Promoted....AND they make sure we ARE aware it's "The Artist Formerly known as Cat Stevens"....too !

I remember Exactly the SAME thing happened when "Staying Power" was released...or rather "Escaped"...then Pink Floyd's Dave Gilmour had his new solo album out....and duly advertised on TV....while Ray Davies of The Kinks solo album "Working Man's Cafe" , issued the same day as "Staying Power" ,was also given the FULL Promotional treatment...

In the Event "Then, Now, Always" DOES get an Official release....I suggest they put a SECOND CD with it...a "Live" Concert album with the Current incarnation of the Band doing famous Hollies Classics such as :

"Just One Look", "Here I Go Again", "Sandy", "Long Cool Woman", "Look Through Any Window", Carrie Anne", "The Baby", "Stop Stop Stop",
"I Can't Let Go", "Air That I Breathe", "He Ain't Heavy..."...and others, etc...plus Live versions of there later songs; "Weakness", "Emotions" & "Let Love Pass".

Such an idea WAS adopted by America with their excellent album "Here and Now" a few years back....comprising both a New Studio Album & a Live Classics set...

I was told by a Mail order Guy that America's 2CD set sold well....

Such a move by the Hollies...hopefully with a Official release...and SOME decent Promotion....would at least let the general public be aware The Hollies DO in fact have a new album out...

I'm not saying the Band suffer from weak Promotion....however Some misguided Websites actually STILL THINK that The Hollies DISBANDED in 1981....and only later reformed....while others seem to be Unaware the Actual Hollies band are still going... ! Rolling Eyes

Where then does the fault lie? Someone has to stand up and take ownership for promoting this great band. Perhaps the boys are just content to produce new music and have it go no further than that. I find that hard to believe that all the effort that goes into writing and recording new material is for naught as relates to the music buying public. What could possibly be the answer for this oversight?
PostPosted:Sun May 03, 2009 12:07 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1