graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Elevated Observation » Sad news for fans of ELO/The Orchestra/Kelly Groucutt
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
phoobingcamel Post subject: Sad news for fans of ELO/The Orchestra/Kelly Groucutt
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Taken from the Kelly Groucutt Official Website:

"It is with great sadness that I have to inform the fans that Kelly Groucutt died on the afternoon of 19th February 2009 of a heart attack. Our hearts and thoughts go out to Anna and Kelly's family. He touched all of our lives with his love, kindness and generosity as well as his talent for music and song. He was a true and wonderful friend who loved every second of life and he will be greatly missed by us all."

E.L.O. (and subsequently The Orchestra) are my 2nd favourite band after The Hollies. Another wonderful entertainer has been lost Sad

PostPosted:Thu Feb 19, 2009 21:18 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Carrie Anne Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Very sad news. Kelly was an excellent bassist and backing vocalist with ELO . His versatile, operatic vocal was an essential part of The Electric Light Orchestra's sound-RIP Kelly-God Bless Sad
PostPosted:Fri Feb 20, 2009 0:48 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
paulgillingham Post subject:

Like yourself I was an ELO, ELO Pt2 & Orchestra fan second only to our beloved Hollies and was very sad to here of Kelly's passing When Jell Lynn left ELO many thought tyhat was the end but Part2 came about and when Bev Bevan left Orchestra were the renamed successor. One of the reasons for their success was the change from being backing vocal to lead vocal that Kelly became. He was a great vocalist in his own right and coming out from Jeff Lymm's shadow enabled him to do so. Listen to the old ELO umbers if you need convincing and also to Fly Away and The Fox. I saw Orchestra at Brentwood in October last year and they were as good as ever and put on a great show. Kelly will be greatly missed. R.I.P Kelly
PostPosted:Sun Apr 19, 2009 13:09 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Elevated Observation
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1