graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music » Graham Nash Box set Reflections track list
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject: Graham Nash Box set Reflections track list
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

The CSNY site 4waysstreet now lists the complete track list of the box set to be released in February. It includes mono versions of On a carousel, Carrie Anne and King Midas in reverse.
Somewhat disappointing that we do not get anything new from his Hollies years, but this is probably due to contractual problems.

Several new songs on the Cds, and quite a few new versions.

Would you believe the Hollies had power to stay by evolution of their style from Buddy Holly ? That's for certain because they follow what goes around, write on and go out on the road. They did it then, they do it now - please do it always.
PostPosted:Tue Dec 16, 2008 17:45 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
katdowl Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

It's really disappointing that only three songs from his Hollies career are on the boxset, and they are tracks that you can get from any Hollies compilation. Rolling Eyes
PostPosted:Tue Dec 16, 2008 22:00 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Bonus Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

A quick glance shows five previously unreleased songs, that´s almost half a new album; “Lonely Man” – Crosby, Stills & Nash , “Water From The Moon” – Graham Nash, “Try To Find Me” – Graham Nash, “Behind The Shades” – Graham Nash, “We Breathe The Same Air” – Graham Nash

But I do agree, I was expecting more Hollies-stuff. And why Carrie Anne?
PostPosted:Thu Dec 18, 2008 22:29 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Got the 3CD box today. Nice booklet with lots of comments. The new tracks have a high standard, for me maybe the duet with Carol King took the cake.

Would you believe the Hollies had power to stay by evolution of their style from Buddy Holly ? That's for certain because they follow what goes around, write on and go out on the road. They did it then, they do it now - please do it always.
PostPosted:Thu Feb 05, 2009 20:06 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Bonus Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Knut wrote:
Got the 3CD box today. Nice booklet with lots of comments. The new tracks have a high standard, for me maybe the duet with Carol King took the cake.

Thanks for good info Kurt! (As I´m still waiting for my Nash-box.)
PostPosted:Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:38 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Bonus Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Bonus wrote:
Knut wrote:

Thanks for good info Kurt! (As I´m still waiting for my Nash-box.)

Sorry I called You something else than Knut in the message! I know that You are Knut and will always be Knut!!

(To you who doesn´t speak a scandinavian language: did you know that Knut means "Knot" in english?, due to my dictionary)
PostPosted:Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:46 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Bonus Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I must admit that I´m probably one of the greatest Graham Nash-fans, but the 3-cd-box is outstanding! It shows the great work of Graham. The simplicity in many of the songs, the complexity in some others, his lovely voice and his fantastic collaboration with f.e. Crosby. The previously unreleased ttracks where good contributions to the collection.
PostPosted:Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:47 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
SpartyScott Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Instead of Carrie Anne, if I could replace that with only one Nash track from the Hollies, I'd have picked either To You My Love (his first vocal solo) or an album track from one of the last three Hollies LP's with Graham when he sang so many lead vocals. Perhaps I'd select Tell Me To My Face, or maybe Postcard or Butterfly.

But of course, Carrie Anne was chosen simply because it's familiar to mass audiences.
PostPosted:Thu Feb 26, 2009 13:22 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Bonus Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

SpartyScott wrote:
Instead of Carrie Anne, if I could replace that with only one Nash track from the Hollies, I'd have picked either To You My Love (his first vocal solo) or an album track from one of the last three Hollies LP's with Graham when he sang so many lead vocals. Perhaps I'd select Tell Me To My Face, or maybe Postcard or Butterfly.

But of course, Carrie Anne was chosen simply because it's familiar to mass audiences.

Or why not Wings, a just wonderful piece of music.
PostPosted:Wed Mar 18, 2009 22:40 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1