graphic
Goto page Previous  1, 2
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Write On » What is your favourite Hollies period?
What is your favourite Hollies period?
60's
52%
 52%  [ 23 ]
70's
34%
 34%  [ 15 ]
80's
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
90's
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
New Millennium Hollies
9%
 9%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 44
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Bee Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

Hmm, I'm torn between the 60s and the 70s, I have favourite songs from each period, it's difficult to choose. I'll say the 60s overall because I remember listening to my dad's tapes which were all mainly of 60s music, and I'd always tell him to play The Hollies tracks!! Great memories Very Happy
PostPosted:Thu Feb 21, 2008 14:13 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Carrie Anne Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I think it must be the seventies period for me.Even though i love The Hollies sixties material i just love the albums from that time. The likes of Confessions Of The Mind,Distant Light,Romany and Out On The Road were pure magic and proved ten fold what a brilliant rock and roll band this talented group were.Terry Sylvester was a vital key player in this line up and of course Mikael Rickfors for two of the albums and then Tony,Alan,Bernie and Mr Showbusiness our Bobby were just the tops.Confessions Of The Mind is a piece of song writing genious with the classic Too Young To Be Married,Confessions Of A Mind and Survival Of The Fittest as outstanding masterpieces.Tony Hicks really excelled himself on this album as a excellent songwriter and we all know the rest.All The Best Carrie Anne.
PostPosted:Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:22 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
David M Post subject:

It is so hard choosing one because then you start to think of all that misses out.

The 60s music tends to be that most played on the radio which was what fetched me as a fan (in the 80s) but since then... my vote goes to the 70s. Without in any way diminishing my love of their 60s music.
PostPosted:Fri May 16, 2008 8:21 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
benny-b-goode Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Well, I really can't say. Every decade has its own special Hollies moments. But the 1960s and 1970s are both my highlights, most of all because The Hollies reocrded most of their songs during the 60s and 70s. Although they also had great 80s moments (Stand By Me, Soldier's Song, If The Lights Go Out, Someone Else's Eyes, You Gave Me Strength,...), 90s moments and a very good more modern album with a new singer in this decade called "Staying Power" Very Happy
The Hollies were always great and sounded great with every style and fashion during the last 45 years.
PostPosted:Fri May 16, 2008 19:07 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Write On
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2